The Simple Church Alliance is a network, or “alliance,” of simple churches originating in Central Kentucky. A desire for simplicity, to be the Church through its most essential elements (the Great Commandment) so that the Body of Christ can multiply (The Great Commission) defines our core. Thus, we seek not to plant churches, but to make disciples, trusting that God will organically build His church as we go. Our Core Values are as follows:
[tabs slidertype=”left tabs” fx=”slide”] [tabcontainer] [tabtext]Mission[/tabtext] [tabtext]Family[/tabtext] [tabtext]Multiplication[/tabtext] [tabtext]Priests[/tabtext] [tabtext]Biblical Truth[/tabtext] [/tabcontainer] [tabcontent] [tab]Mission: The purpose of the church is to 1) love God and 2) love people (Great Commandment). This results in discipleship (Great Commission). [/tab] [tab]Family: The church is the family of believers who are “called out” to be the physical representation of Christ to the world. It’s not a building or a service. [/tab] [tab]Multiplication: We seek to multiply disciples of Jesus Christ, which in turn will necessitate the multiplication of local churches. [/tab] [tab]Priesthood of All Believers. All believers are “priests” and thus ministers with different gifts for serving God’s people. Jesus Christ is the head of the Church, not man.[/tab] [tab]Biblical Truth: The Bible is authoritative and instructive on all matters of life. [/tab] [/tabcontent] [/tabs]
[box] Vision: To see a multiplication movement of disciples of Jesus and ultimately simple churches beginning here in Central Kentucky and reaching to the ends of the earth. [/box]
We seek to live out these values as we 1) “express” Christ daily, 2) “connect” with Christ and His family weekly in simple churches, and 3) “celebrate” Christ as and what He is doing in the larger network monthly.
[tabs slidertype=”top tabs” fx=”slide”] [tabcontainer] [tabtext]Express[/tabtext] [tabtext]Connect[/tabtext] [tabtext]Celebrate[/tabtext] [/tabcontainer] [tabcontent] [tab]Express:
* The Great Commission is expressed as we intentionally live out the Great Commandment.
* This results in multiplicative Discipleship.
* We seek to “express” our faith daily in the marketplace and in our neighborhoods.
* Life Transformation Groups help foster daily relational discipleship[/tab] [tab]Connect:
* We seek to connect with God and other members of His family in simple church gatherings.
* Most simple churches meet weekly (usually Sundays) in homes.
* View a directory of simple churches in the area here. [/tab] [tab]Celebrate:
* The Simple Church Alliance will gather from time to time as a larger network to celebrate all that God is doing in our region.
* “Celebration Gatherings” provide an opportunity for all simple churches to come together for worship and encouragement. These usually happen every other month.
* Leadership Trainings happen on the second Wednesday of each month.[/tab] [/tabcontent] [/tabs]
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.