I am reading Wolfgang Simpson’s book The House Church Book: Rediscover the Dynamic, Organic, Relational, Viral Community Jesus Started. In this book, he highlights twelve advantages to house church and I would like to share them with you. From what I have read so far, I would also like to encourage anyone looking for a concise and clear understanding of the simple/house/organic church movement to pick up a copy of this book.
1. Discipled Multiplication
2. Persecution-proof structure
3. Freedom from church growth barriers
4. More efficient involvement of a higher percentage of people
5. A break from the pastoral care dilemma
6. A place of life-transformation and accountability
7. A better place of growth for new Christians
8. A solution for the leadership crises
9. A way to eliminate the clergy-laity division
10. A biblically based pattern
11. A budget conscious way of operating
12. A resurrection of the city church
I think this is a pretty thorough list. However, I would have included at least one more based on my experience over the past year:
13. Increased opportunity for families to grow, worship, and be on mission together.
What about you? Is there an advantage that you see not on the list?